    SubjectRe: List Lag?
    On Wed, 26 May 1999, Jeff Garzik wrote:

    > > I am sure many poeple here have noticed the huge list lag
    > > that occurs on all the mailing lists hosted by vger.rutger.edu
    > > Anyone know if they plan on upgrading the machine or who to talk
    > > to about this issue? Its quite annoying to send a message to a mailing
    > > list and have it show up nearly 48 hours later.
    >
    > The Web page for vger says it is running on a SparcClassic. I mentioned
    > the lag to the guys at VA Research and their Linux community guy said he
    > could to host l-k on their speedy boxes hanging off of a T3...

    rutgers has a T3, and turnaround a fortnight ago (for me, though I'm on an
    exploder :) was well under 20 mins.

    Perhaps it's renewed CVS activity on vger, or maybe something else is
    wrong. It usually works fine, and personally, I like the fact that all
    this mail gets handled by such a lowly machine.

    Matthew.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.018 / U:4.876 seconds]