SubjectRe: Possible NFS client 2.2.9 kernel bug and fix
Trond,

I agree my patch is wrong that it cuts off long directories, I should
have noticed this sooner.

However, I don't think it is a glibc 2.1 issue, I first noticed this
problem using the stock RH5.2 glibc, I upgraded to 2.1 to see it that was
the problem and it did not go away.

I don't know the source of this problem, there definitely is a short (93
entries) directory that does not get the EOF bit set correctly, any hints
of where to look would be appreciated. I do believe my analysis of the
possible infinite loop if the EOF bit does not get set is correct.

I'll take another look and let you know if I figure anything out, maybe
even correctly this time.

thanks for your help,

Tom Shield
Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
University of Minnesota
(612) 626-7793
http://www.aem.umn.edu/people/faculty/shield/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.053 / U:0.732 seconds]