    SubjectRe: Possible NFS client 2.2.9 kernel bug and fix
    Trond,

    I agree my patch is wrong that it cuts off long directories, I should
    have noticed this sooner.

    However, I don't think it is a glibc 2.1 issue, I first noticed this
    problem using the stock RH5.2 glibc, I upgraded to 2.1 to see it that was
    the problem and it did not go away.

    I don't know the source of this problem, there definitely is a short (93
    entries) directory that does not get the EOF bit set correctly, any hints
    of where to look would be appreciated. I do believe my analysis of the
    possible infinite loop if the EOF bit does not get set is correct.

    I'll take another look and let you know if I figure anything out, maybe
    even correctly this time.

    thanks for your help,

    Tom Shield
    Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
    University of Minnesota
    (612) 626-7793
    http://www.aem.umn.edu/people/faculty/shield/

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.019 / U:62.908 seconds]