SubjectRe: 2.2.9 probs (ide hd, quota, 128MB (+sort))
On Tue, 25 May 1999 dparsons@synapse.kent.edu wrote:

> I ran across something today that might help with this problem. The web
> site www.storagereview.com (?) could only test the ATA-66 drives with an
> ATA-66 controller and expect the drive to work under any OS. So now all
> manufacturers but one (Fujitsu, I think), supply a DOS utility for those
> without an ATA-66 controller to disable ATA-66 and just allow ATA-33. If
> you don't use this utility, I think the drives run in some very slow DOS
> mode (when lacking an ATA-66 controller). If you go there, you can find
> a page with links to all manufacturers' download links for this software
> fix.

This is a good site of information and verifies the Intel LX/BX ATA-66
problem. I have gotten copies of all the utlities for various drives and
placed them on the UDMA web page of mine. Note that
"www.storagereview.com" pages are brought to you by "Dirt Cheap Drives".

Second, Gadi's ide-smart and ide-smart.proc tools are now available.

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.042 / U:0.096 seconds]