SubjectRe: Is this the correct list for NFS probs (2.2.x kernels) ?

I've been able to do this at some stages , I'm not sure how much of forced
umount works but when I was messing around with NFS/TCP code, I remember
being able to umount -f the disk which killed any processes in the D
state,

Not sure though if the server is gone down what happens, my case was I had
hosed parts of it ..

Dave.

On Mon, 24 May 1999, G. Allen Morris III wrote:

> It would be nice if it was possible to force an unmount of
> nfs mounts. This may even be in the works.
>
> See umount -f
>
> Allen
>
> Trond Myklebust wrote:
>
> > Are you using the 'intr' mount option? Without it, you should indeed
> > be seeing the behaviour described above.

> G. Allen Morris III

------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied -- Telecommunications Researcher \

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.076 / U:23.520 seconds]