    SubjectRe: ext2 question
    Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
    > Right now I think a journaled fs can blame a logging fs in global
    > performances (I am not talking about write performances while the log is
    > not wrapping around).

    AFAIK, NTFS implements journaling with a logging fs:
    they implemented 2 filesystems: the actual NTFS, and a logging fs
    (called LFS) which is stored in a fixed size file on the volume.
    I guess that the LFS is only written (and read during fsck).

    The wraparound is a huge problem: you might recall the one of the tweaks
    which Mindcraft did on NT was:
    'set the size of the log to a incredibly large number' (65 MB).
    (the default should be somewhere around 4 MB, but the system gets
    nearly stopped if the log overflows)
    --
    Manfred