SubjectRe: Capabilities done right [diff against 2.3.1]

> > > I may want to _strip_ shellscripts of power.

> > Ok, that's legitimate. In such case , we'll have to modify shell to
> > understand something like --drop, so that beggining of shell would
> > look like
> >
> > #!/bin/bash --drop NET_BIND_SERVICE
> Great. Now the default shell is all-powerful.

Linus asked how do shellscripts _drop_ power. For shellscripts run
nightly from cron it is very good idea to drop some of their
capabilities. So no, I do not want default shell suid0.

But take a look at sperl, they obviously have suid0 interpretter, and
if you wanted possibility for setuid shell scripts, making setuid
version of bash (of course aware of situation - like sperl is) would
be the way.

I'm really Look at Pavel