    SubjectRe: NFS hangs under 2.2.6

    trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no said:
    > This is a VFAQ: Please run the portmapper when using NFS under
    > linux-2.2...

    SuSE always starts the portmapper when starting NFS, and as I'm using NIS as
    well I'd notice it if the portmapper were not available. The
    /etc/rc.d/nfsserver script refuses to run when the portmapper is not
    available. So I find it unlikely that that would be the case with my
    configuration.

    If it's a VFAQ, where's the FAQ? It's not my normal behavior to break in onto
    lists and post questions, but I couldn't find anything pertaining to my
    problem...
    --
    Cees de Groot http://www.cdegroot.com <cg@cdegroot.com>
    ICQ#38145238