SubjectMake pppd kill active sockets...
I was reading here the other day about why when a
ppp interface goes down, it can be brought back up
without any of the other levels noticing.

While this may be nice in the general case, in the
situation where you have a dialup account where
you never get the same IP twice in a row, it is
totally useless.

So I was wondering if there was a way to notify
applications with a connection over the ppp link
when it goes down, maybe with SIGPIPE, EPIPE or
a Host Unreachable message.

This way you won't get these unclosable sockets
that _eventually_ time out.

I wouldn't even know where to start looking into
this.

Martijn van Oosterhout
Australia

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.722 / U:0.060 seconds]