SubjectRe: Quota file format proposal
> > qfh_Magic would identify quota file so we can be sure it is really ours... Currently we will use 2 magics
> > - for user and for group quota file.
> Do we need to distinguish between user and group quotas if the file structure
> will be otherwise the same?
I think it is good to distinguish them. The format is same but needn't to be the same and a content is different.
I feel magic like identifier of file type including the content semantics not just like format identifier.
> > This entry will specify time limits after which soft-quota becomes hard-quota. Currently this times are
> > stored in root's structure but as we are going to have capabilities I think it's better to have nonexeptional
> > structure for UID 0.
> >
> > struct quota_block {
> > u32 qb_curblocks, qb_bhardlimit, qb_bsoftlimit;
> > same for inodes
> > u64 qb_btime, qb_time;
> > };
> >
> > This is same as it was before except the thing we have 64-bits for time.
> Maybe we should insert several reserved fields to both the header and the
> entries to make some room for additional expansion and also to align the
> structures, so that they won't cross disk block boundary.
Padding for disk block boundary is good idea. IMO reserving the place in entries
is not necessary. Current design is "Have something else to control? Make another file."..

Honza.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.064 / U:0.576 seconds]