SubjectRe: 2.3.x wish list?
Date
In article <19990514005349.A3390@ramune.earthlink.net>,
Graffiti <ramune@lycaeus.calstatela.edu> wrote:

>Did France change their laws regarding crypto? Otherwise, you can't even
>put 40-bit encryption into the kernel. Unless you want to make sure
>French users need to get registered with thier government before using
>Linux.

Yes, even France changed their policy on cryptograpgy, and if I remember
correctly the limit for France right now is 128 bits. Which basically
makes it a non-issue for most normal use.

That leaves the US as the only "civilized" country with outdated
cryptography laws. Sad. Right now the US is in the same esteemed company
as Russia, China and Iraq.

Linus

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:1.084 / U:0.164 seconds]