SubjectRe: A challenge to linux
I love the small part about security.
These guys are just too cool.

But in the end, I don't see why we should bother.
We don't have to take on the world by force.
OK, I'm not talking about letting M$ spit on Linux without reaction,
but look at what we've got.

The Linux community has reached something that M$, with its millions
of $, will never be close to.
I mean a feature-rich, stable, quite light, not-too-complicated OS
(hell, my Internet gateway (OK, small network) runs on a DX2/80!)
with lots of great applications, not to mention the community itself.

They've spent a few $ on catching up the Internet wave, still have
problems with it, and I'm not talking about stability and security,
and the price that all this stuff costs.
A lot of us have enough experience of NT to know what it can and
can't, so we know what the truth is.
The fact that M$ is starting to spend its millions on attacking Linux
is good enough a proof.

Can M$ stop us from using Linux?
Certainly not.
Are we going to lose the war?
Who cares?
If Linux doesn't increase its marketshare, would it be a tragedy?
The ones who want to use it can, the others just don't know what
they're missing.
I think we should be happy to have it in the first place.

Thanks again to Linus and to all the others who made this happen, and
aloowed this wonderful community to exist.

So I think we should go on our own way.

Anyway, that's my humble opinion.

Sylvain

PS: don't get me wrong. If it comes down to it, you can count me in!

Brian wrote:

> Please tell me you all are going to go thru with this and bury them :)
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/news/msnw/nt4vLinux.asp

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:2.112 / U:0.144 seconds]