    SubjectRe: Slashdot shitheads

    On Thu, 13 May 1999, Mark Constable wrote:

    > alex@eos.co.uk wrote:
    > >
    > > Why was the release of 2.3.0 kernel announced on slashdot? Now we'll get
    >
    > Because it's 1999 and that's the nature of the net, deal with it.

    Sorry, you are off by six years. It's September 1993.

    > > How about we break 2.3.1 (intrdouce some serious disk corruption) to teach
    > > them the errors of their ways!

    Tempting, but... That Would Be Wrong(tm). Besides, it would make life
    inconvenient for everybody, not only SplashSnotters.

    > !@#$% so like you have exclusive rights to the kernel and this list or
    > something. If *YOU* lot gathered here put out a decent and timely
    > PRESS STATEMENT then that would have been willingly splashed everywhere.

    <raised brows> Do you realize that 'lot gathered here' has some connection
    to the kernel development? After all, it's what this list is about...
    As for the "splashed everywhere" - does it occur to you that it's exactly
    what makes your lot so disgusting? [Profound apologies for usage of 'your'
    if you are not a SplashSnotter yourself, indeed] Slashdot is a noise
    generator and it does its worst to create a bad name to every community it
    happens to, erm, embrace. Small wonder that objects of their attention are
    not amused...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.024 / U:0.396 seconds]