    SubjectCouple of questions 1 real stupid - sorry
    Hello:

    First an apology for the really stupid question I'll start with...I'm
    just drawing a complete blank here.

    System Info:
    Gateway 9100XL Notebook
    Pentium 350MHz
    384 MB RAM
    8.1 GB Hard Disk
    all Linux with 768MB of Swap partitions (6 x 128)
    120MB SuperDisk Drive
    Xircom CE 10/100 Ethernet PCMCIA Adapter
    Caldera OpenLinux 1..3
    kernel 2.0.35

    First the stupid question....

    1) How do I mount the floppy drive /dev/fd0 I've tried

    mount -t umsdos /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

    with NO success using either a SuperDisk or 1.44MB standard floppy
    formatted under WIN98. What the %^*&% am I missing??

    2) Has anyone got PCMCIA working on a system like this? I've got it
    enabled in the kernel but it doesn't seem to see any cards and running
    cardmgr by hand get me a "no entries in /proc/devices" error in the
    log.

    3) Is the SuperDisk and the Xircom Ethernet supported in the PCMCIA
    package?

    4) What do I select for a Mouse and Video Adapter for X-Windows or kde
    here to get the built in Display and the little glide point thingy
    working I can't seem to get the mouse responding at all and am unsure
    on the video also.

    5) What type of sound drivers do I need to get that working here...I
    haven't tried to address this much up til now but since I'm
    asking.....

    6) Is there any DVD Support for the DVD that is here as well? Not a
    necessity but it sure would be nice to have....

    These are my five (or 6) core critical issues here, once I'm past
    these I can get the rest of the system going (I hope). I've done alot
    of Linux on "standard" machines but never on a notebook....

    Thanks,
    George

    ===[George R. Kasica]=== +1 414 541 8579
    President +1 800 520 4873 FAX
    Netwrx Consulting Inc. West Allis, WI USA
    http://www.netwrx1.com
    georgek@netwrx1.com
    gkasica@hotmail.com
    gkasica@lycos.com
    gkasica@netscape.com
    ICQ #12862186

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.023 / U:95.348 seconds]