    SubjectRe: Overscheduling DOES happen with high web server load.

    On Tue, 11 May 1999, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:
    > No, you want to find the thread which was most recently active on a
    > currently idle CPU if there is one.

    Too complex. I would say "wake up a recent process, and let the scheduler
    try to figure out what CPU is the most advantageous".

    If you have idle CPU's the choice is pretty much always going to be to try
    to get a new CPU for the new connection - regardless of where the cache

    If you don't have idle CPU's, that means that somebody else filled your
    CPU already, and you might as well just try to find the most recent
    process and if possible re-instate it on the same CPU it was on last time.

    So I think you're right in theory, but wrong in practice, and that Andrea
    is right in practice and wrong in theory.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.018 / U:16.732 seconds]