SubjectRe: ext3 to include capabilities?
So what, there are still enough security problems inherent in NFS. Missing UID
Mapping alone is a reason not use it in most cases.
Sure, for some simple stuff it is fine but serving sensitive data with it?
No way.

Quoting Casey Schaufler (
> Alan Cox wrote:
> > NFS and the telephone (see 8)) are the same problem. And
> > in both cases you solve it by putting a crypto layer underneath.
> Or you restrict your network. Classified phones lines that never
> leave the building don't need to be encrypted.

Andreas Siegert / / AFX at IPNET
Every time we've moved ahead in IBM, it was because someone was willing to take
a chance, put his head on the block, and try something new - Thomas Watson, Jr.
PGP Key:, DF7F 8B58 22BE 3B37 C72B 4184 2900 1141