    Subjectkernel_thread's become zombies

    I'm writing a module which starts a kernel thread at insmod time. I have
    run into two problems. The first is that my thread is a child of insmod
    unless I start it from outside process context. Currently I work around
    that by launching it from a kernel timer which expires momentarily after
    insmod. The other problem is that when my thread functions exits, it
    becomes a zombie. Is there a way for me to cleanly remove the thread at
    rmmod time when it is finished doing it's work?

    B. James Phillippe .
    Software Engineer, WGT Inc. .

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.032 / U:3.708 seconds]