    Subjectkernel_thread's become zombies
    Greetings,

    I'm writing a module which starts a kernel thread at insmod time. I have
    run into two problems. The first is that my thread is a child of insmod
    unless I start it from outside process context. Currently I work around
    that by launching it from a kernel timer which expires momentarily after
    insmod. The other problem is that when my thread functions exits, it
    becomes a zombie. Is there a way for me to cleanly remove the thread at
    rmmod time when it is finished doing it's work?

    thanks,
    -bp
    --
    B. James Phillippe . bryan@terran.org