Subjectkernel_thread's become zombies

I'm writing a module which starts a kernel thread at insmod time. I have
run into two problems. The first is that my thread is a child of insmod
unless I start it from outside process context. Currently I work around
that by launching it from a kernel timer which expires momentarily after
insmod. The other problem is that when my thread functions exits, it
becomes a zombie. Is there a way for me to cleanly remove the thread at
rmmod time when it is finished doing it's work?

B. James Phillippe .
Software Engineer, WGT Inc. .