    SubjectLinux 2.2.5 and PCI 3Com Vortex
    I am trying to install a Linux 2.2.5 kernel.  Normally, I'm not a big
    "kernel of the week" fan, but this time it's to get a good SMP kernel
    going on my dual processor Pentium box (it's a Dell 400MT).

    What is odd is that when my 2.0.35 kernel boots, it tells me that my
    on-board PCI ethernet device (3Com Vortex) is on IRQ 14. When the
    2.2.5 kernel boots, it tells me that it is on IRQ 19, and funnily enough,
    my ethernet device doesn't work right. It sends outbound ping packets,
    but never believes it receives any incoming frames--the classic symptom of
    interrupts being lost.

    Does anyone have any tips on how to troubleshoot this?

    Thanks in advance. I would normally invest a lot of time to try and
    troubleshoot this myself, but in this case, there's something screwy
    going on here--it works fine when I boot with 2.0.35 on the very same

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.024 / U:88.088 seconds]