    SubjectRe: 2.2.1 and Win95 TCP Problems?

    As a side note.. I've updated my firewall system to run Kernel 2.2.5-ac5
    and the problems that I experienced with 2.2.1 seem to have gone away.
    Kudos and beer to all the people that submitted the TCP patches over the
    last couple of releases. I knew it would only be a matter of time before
    the issue was corrected!

    On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, Greg wrote:

    > Hello all,
    > I recently updated my corporate masquerading box to 2.2.1 using
    > IPchains and IPmasqadm. Everything works fine from Linux clients behind
    > the box, but occasionally Win95 boxes just stop sending packets. We
    > originally thought this might be related to ARP requests, but I'm not sure
    > anymore. I think that something might be getting munged in the TCP packets
    > causing the Win95 TCP stack to crash, but I can't be sure.
    > Win95 workstations seem to work fine for a random amount of time,
    > and then they just stop sending packets. A reboot fixes the problem on the
    > Win95 side of things, but they just eventually die.
    > I haven't had the opportunity to get a detailed TCPdump or any
    > other information at this point, because I've had to revert the production
    > box back to 2.0.36 to stop my phone ringing from pissed off employees
    > having to reboot their workstations.
    > Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? If so, are there
    > any pointers or clues as to where this problem might lie?
    > If not, I may be able to setup a test case in our LAB here and
    > capture some TCPdumps for the gurus.
    > I've heard rumblings of 2.2.1-ac6 fixing some TCP related issues
    > and have been pointed towards that, but I don't have any specific
    > information on what it fixes.. Pointers would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Greg
    >

    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.022 / U:0.224 seconds]