SubjectDetails on Alpha and ac2+ problems
Description of the problem:

When using 2.2.5 with ac2, ac3 and ac4 patches, I experienced problems
with ssh and telnet connections. Everything seemed fine with -ac1 (and
earlier kernels).

When trying to connect to my machine running 2.2.5-ac2+ with ssh, I
received just an error message 'Command terminated on signal 1.'.

When trying to connect from my machine with ssh, the connection froze
after connecting. The same thing happened to outgoing telnet sessions.
Incoming telnet and local stuff seemed allright.

My solution (?):

Since I don't know much about C, all I did was try to find out which part
of the ac2+ patch actually broke things and found out, that it was n_tty.c
stuff. I removed that 20 or so lines from the patch and things started to
function properly.

Solution:

Well, that's up to you, guys. I'd just like to mention tthat this seems to
be alpha specific as I've been talking to people running -ac3 and -ac4 on
i386 without these (or alike) problems.

D.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.049 / U:0.268 seconds]