SubjectRe: /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Changes
I don't see this as an issue of RPM vs. TGZ... Up till now kernel
developers have standardized on tgz for distribution. If Linus wants to
change that the RPM, he's free to, even though I think that TGZ is the
right way to distribute this source. Inconsistancy is horrible. No one
wants to have to use tgz for some packages and srcprms for others. Lets
just stay consistent! As long as the kernel is distributed in a gzipped
tar file, so should everything else relating to the kernel.