    SubjectRe: /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Changes

    On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Fred Reimer wrote:

    > running RedHat, but I also ran Debian, and long ago slackware and SLS. What
    > about if the maintainers of a particular module included make options to
    > make the appropriate package type, but still deliver them in tar.gz format?
    > In other words, the could have been a rpm make target that would make the
    > appropriate rpm. There could also have been a srcrpm make target to make a
    > source rpm, or a deb make target to make a Debian package, etc. That way,
    > for those who wanted to use rpm's or deb's or whatever, all they would have
    > to do is untar it and then run one make command to get the package type of
    > their choice. Those who don't use packages can happily ignore the extra
    > cruft that is included for package users...
    > Good idea?

    Maybe. Except that most of the stuff will be duplicated in all
    packages for no good reason. make understands include. Put the common
    stuff into /usr/share/mk/ so that one could include it instead of

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.021 / U:53.504 seconds]