SubjectRe: kernel freezes without message when extracting ATAPI CD audio into FAT32 and consuming CPU
Decía Tom Holroyd:
> On Thu, 1 Apr 1999 thoth@purplefrog.com wrote:
>
> >[1.] kernel freezes without message when extracting ATAPI CD audio into FAT32
> >and consuming CPU
>
> There are currently many bugs in the VFAT code which can lead to data
> corruption and subsequent random bad behavior. Alexander Viro is
> currently testing some patches (you can get them at ftp.math.psu.edu/pub/viro/)
> to fix these bugs (still early alpha).
>
> In the meantime please consider VFAT and MSDOS as broken. They WILL fail
> under load in a messy way.
I have been using my vfat partition to make CD images. I haven't seen any
corrupted data. How I can verify is there is a problem?. When I boot Win'94 I
haven't any problems :?. If I could to test something e-mail me.

Saludos
Drizzt