    SubjectRe: GNU/Linux
        Isn't there an anti-spam policy for this list? Can't we disallow people who
    grossly abuse it from further postings? I vote we do this. Meanwhile, to the
    spammer, please go away.

    The relationship between Linux and the system in which it is used is
    pretty closely related to the central topic of this list. So calling
    it off-topic is drawing a very sharp line. However, if that's what
    people want, I won't bring up the subject here if others don't.

    If people want to have a policy of banning people who bring up the
    topic of that relationship, I hope that policy will be applied fairly.
    I am confident that the people who manage the list would not apply
    such a policy in a biased manner, based on which opinion a person
    holds.

    But instead of that, I recommend a more general rule that people
    should be civil, no matter what the topic is, and never abuse or
    personally attack any other participant.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.019 / U:61.160 seconds]