    SubjectRE: /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Changes

    Stupidity? Hardly. RPM is a technically inferior package format, and one
    that I refuse to support. I myself am a debian user, and I do not except
    anything central to the Linux OS to be distributed in the debian package
    format. In fact, I prefer it not be distributed in any format other than a
    tar'd, gzip'd file. To expect people to keep up with a silly package
    format is absurd. I would hope you would see that. There is nothing in a
    RPM that can't be done with a little scripting, and if you want things
    automated, then feel free to do just that. However, if you decide you want
    RPMs, you make damn well sure to include slackware packages, debian
    packages, and whatever the fuck else all the myriad of distributions use,
    because favoring one distribution over another is just going to screw us
    all in the long run.

    Most respectfully,
    Landon Fuller