I released now a new 2.2.5_arca6.bz2, it has the b_state = 0 fix in it,
plus all my latest buffer.c stuff and it seems to have great VM
performances (while using pine, and running `free` `ps xa` in xterms, and
moving between windows I can't notice to be under 50mbyte of swapout,
obviously read performances hurts under swap here simply because I have
only one HD). The everything-stalls under heavy I/O seems gone.

I suggest _everybody_ to try it out and to make comparisons. I suggest also
to make a backup before rebooting, since I am playing with hot stuff and
you will notice if I've done mistakes ;). Worked _fine_ here so far

If you try it out it would be nice if you could produce some numbers and
feedback, thanks!!

Andrea Arcangeli