    SubjectRe: Slow mouse with 2.2.2/2.2.3 SMP
    On Sat, 3 Apr 1999, Gert van der Knokke wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I wonder if anyone else has this problem:
    > My new system built some weeks ago has this strange behaviour:
    > While running X and moving the mouse it (the mouse pointer)
    > sometimes stops moving for a short moment and then continues
    > again. At the moment the mouse pointer is moving again there is
    > disk activity. Somehow I think it is related, maybe an IRQ
    > conflict or such though cat /proc/interrupts reveals nothing,
    > not even a single irq seems dedicated to the serial ports:

    To see the IRQ actually grabbed, you either have to be in X or
    od `od /dev/ttySx` (to keep the port open).

    If you find it's using the same IRQ as the disk, you can usually move
    something to another slow so it has its own IRQ. I have found, that
    if you put a bunch of cards in PCI slots, one after another, the
    BIOS on some machines connects them all to IRQ10 NotGood(tm).

    Cheers,
    Dick Johnson
    ***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
    Penguin : Linux version 2.2.5 on an i686 machine (400.59 BogoMips).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.020 / U:0.696 seconds]