SubjectRe: file read/write within device driver

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Chris Wedgwood wrote:

> > What is the preferred mechanism for doing file I/O from within a
> > module?
> Don't, unless you have an extremely good reason for doing do.

Actually, I believe that my application requires this functionality. I
am doing a specialized type of RAID thingy that doesn't fit well into
the framework of any of the raid personalities that MD currently uses.

And to be more precise, I don't really want to do "file" I/O as much
as I want to do "block device" I/O. I want to write to /dev/sdb3 or
a loopback driver, not actually an ext2 file.

[ David Beccue ]
[ ]
[ 888-DBECCUE ]