    SubjectRe: file read/write within device driver

    On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Chris Wedgwood wrote:

    > > What is the preferred mechanism for doing file I/O from within a
    > > module?
    >
    > Don't, unless you have an extremely good reason for doing do.

    Actually, I believe that my application requires this functionality. I
    am doing a specialized type of RAID thingy that doesn't fit well into
    the framework of any of the raid personalities that MD currently uses.

    And to be more precise, I don't really want to do "file" I/O as much
    as I want to do "block device" I/O. I want to write to /dev/sdb3 or
    a loopback driver, not actually an ext2 file.

    [ David Beccue ]
    [ David@Beccue.com ]
    [ 888-DBECCUE ]

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.019 / U:0.320 seconds]