    SubjectRe: Linus on Linux, Apache and Threads

    On 23-Apr-99 Chuck Lever wrote:

    >> Depends. You can use a thread pool and queue requests which are
    >> then
    >> picked up by the threads.
    > how do you propose to do that efficiently? is there a nice way in
    > Unix/Linux to hand out incoming network requests to a pool of
    > threads?

    You have a main thread that does an accept() loop and queues
    the connections via the descriptor (possibly starting new threads, *if

    I've already implemented this for a web proxy I've been working on.

    E-Mail: Tony Gale <>
    Advice is a dangerous gift; be cautious about giving and receiving it.

    The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
    and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
    any other person or official body.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.020 / U:6.212 seconds]