SubjectRe: A/D converter
On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Philip Blundell wrote:

> >The maximum number available is slightly less than 50,000. This is
> >on my fastest dual-pentium 400 Mhz. Other machines I have tested are
> >slower.
> That equates to one interrupt every 20us, which seems pretty slow. Did you
> attempt to discover what the bottleneck was? You might find that the parallel
> port circuitry is slowing things down -- the ACK pin doesn't connect directly
> to an interrupt line.

Yes it does. And, in fact, a simple real-mode DOS ISR which uses the same
hardware (as stated) runs approximately 10 times faster. I get damn tired
of having everybody and their brother "explain" that I don't know what
I'm doing. I presented true, factual, information. It was not a complaint.
It was just fact. Take it or leave it.

Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.2.6 on an i686 machine (400.59 BogoMips).