    SubjectRe: capabilities in elf headers, (my) final (and shortest) iteration
    Riley Williams <rhw@BigFoot.Com> said:
> [...]

    [...]

    > {Shrug} Perhaps somebody can suggest some way that capabilities can
    > have meaning for a script, any script if it comes to that?

    A script in Unix is just another random way to write a program that does
    what I want. Nothing special there. Note that today's scripts are (almost)
    undistinguishable from binary, compiled programs: They may carry the same
    permissions (execute permissions for whom, even S[UG]ID bits (not on all
    Unices, but several honor them)). If some scheme can't do the same (at least
    in principle) for capabilities, it is fundamentally flawed. No "all
    capable" interpreter should be needed, as this is a _huge_ security risk,
    the kernel might as well endow this particular process with the requested
    capabilities, and nothing else.
    --
    Dr. Horst H. von Brand mailto:vonbrand@inf.utfsm.cl