    SubjectRe: smbfs problem with 2.2.5
    Steve Dodd <> wrote:
    > I've lost my recent archives for this list, so I don't know the
    > backgound to this :( but I thought a while back there was discussion
    > about an enhanced smbmount that launched a daemon to manage this sort
    > of thing.

    Smbmount has been this way for a long time, including the current
    version, which a previous poster mentions that he is using, and yet
    still sees this problem.

    As another datapoint, I do NOT see this problem at all (Linux 2.2.4,
    Samba 1.9.18p8). However, I don't use passwords on my Win98 shares, so
    either it's because I mount from Win98 instead of WinNT, or because I
    don't use passwords, whereas other people do.

    It would be a lot more helpful if people would give more information
    about their configurations, rather than just say "I see it too, Linux
    sucks." The problem won't be fixed unless we can narrow down the nature
    of the problem. Try mounting password-less shares and see if they
    remount after idling out. Try different Windows OS's to see if there's
    a commonality there.

    -- (Fuzzy Fox) || "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut
    sometimes known as David DeSimone || butter quite like unrequited love." || -- Charlie Brown

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.031 / U:5.848 seconds]