SubjectCaps - did not we have enough discussion already? [was Re: caps in elf, next itteration (the hack get's bigger)]
Hi!

> > Looking over the discussions on this subject for the past week or so, it
> > looks like we're trying to kludge capabilities into Linux.
>
> I thought the same thing. It could get really ugly if this is implemented
> without _thought_, which seems to be what some people are trying to
> do.

[Sorry for me feeling "some people" = "Pavel Machek" ;-)]

Yes. I see usefull subsystem in kernel (capabilites etc.) which is
currently unused. I see very easy way to make that subsystem do
something usefull without need to change any parts of current
semantics. This is major point. I'm NOT CHANGING ANY SEMANTICS.

It may be that I'm implementing without thought...

...still what people keep showing me as counterexamples usually do not
work.

Anyway, if you feel capabilities should be done some other way, GO
AHEAD AND CODE IT. There was much too much discussion, already.

Pavel
--
I'm really pavel@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz. Pavel
Look at http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/ ;-).