SubjectRe: CPU affinity

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Rik van Riel wrote:

> I think it won't affect the code path or the scheduling
> behaviour very much, except for the fact that it'll cause
> processes to stick to their CPU much better.

'much better'?. Do you have any testcase that shows that we do not stick
to CPUs well enough? I actually have recorded traces of full kernel builds
and the like, and the number of 'bad' CPU switches was zero. I'm getting
slightly tired of claims like the above, this isnt a Microsoft trade show
after all ...

-- mingo

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans