SubjectRe: Linux TCP Fixing everyones problems? WAS(Re: TCP push sometimes missing under 2.2.5?
Date
> We don't want to drag linux down because it won't talk to certain
> version of Ultrix properly (Ultrix looses here) but in other cases it

If you turn off sack and stuff in the sysctl's it will

> vital we talk to Solaris properly so these fixes go in... when is the
> line drawn?

When it hurts performance measurably. The internet works because despite the
best efforts of the suits the technical people still talk to each other
across vendors and try and make sure everything interworks well.

Thats where things like interop came from before marketeers destroyed it.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.363 / U:0.156 seconds]