SubjectRe: Low-level format with Sg drivers
On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Susan E. Wiig wrote:

> Douglas Gilbert wrote:
> >
> > The default timeout can be elongated by the SG_SET_TIMEOUT
> > ioctl.
> Doug
> Actually when I checked again the sense buffer from the read right after
> the low-level format quit was Unit Attention, Data Path Failure
> (Should use 40 NN). I haven't figured out what 40 NN is yet. I guess
> this message may not be surprising since I just did a low level format
> on the disk. Maybe things get lost between the write and the read.
> Your idea about the timeout is worth a try. I am also going to try an
> ioctl call to the sd* driver and see if that works.

While we're on the subject, is there a command in linux which corresponds
to the *BSD "scsi" command, allowing one to send scsi CDB to a scsi
device? man -k scsi on a RH 5.2 system doesn't seem to indicate one:(

--- David Miller

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.051 / U:2.296 seconds]