    SubjectRe: caps in elf headers: use the sticky bit!
    Hi!

    > > > - To set the cap flag, a user (process) needs CAP_SETFCAP raised, and the
    > > > kernel (besides the normal fs checks) validates the cap headers as well
    > > > for legality. (this also applies to creating files with this flag raised;
    > > > i.e., through a copy operation)
    > >
    > > You do not want this kind of support in kernel. Believe me.
    >
    > Got a better reason than 'believe me'? Like, 'there's no way to code that
    > into sys_chmod'?

    There probably is way to code it into sys_chmod. But it would be
    _very_ ugly to hack there. So yes, there's probably way to code it,
    BUT there is no _easy_ way to code it -> it will grow into ugly hack
    -> linus will reject it.

    Pavel
    PS: In short "there may be way to code it, but you will not get past Linus".
    --
    The best software in life is free (not shareware)! Pavel
    GCM d? s-: !g p?:+ au- a--@ w+ v- C++@ UL+++ L++ N++ E++ W--- M- Y- R+