SubjectRe: caps in elf headers: use the sticky bit!
Hi!

> > > - To set the cap flag, a user (process) needs CAP_SETFCAP raised, and the
> > > kernel (besides the normal fs checks) validates the cap headers as well
> > > for legality. (this also applies to creating files with this flag raised;
> > > i.e., through a copy operation)
> >
> > You do not want this kind of support in kernel. Believe me.
>
> Got a better reason than 'believe me'? Like, 'there's no way to code that
> into sys_chmod'?

There probably is way to code it into sys_chmod. But it would be
_very_ ugly to hack there. So yes, there's probably way to code it,
BUT there is no _easy_ way to code it -> it will grow into ugly hack
-> linus will reject it.

Pavel
PS: In short "there may be way to code it, but you will not get past Linus".
--
The best software in life is free (not shareware)! Pavel
GCM d? s-: !g p?:+ au- a--@ w+ v- C++@ UL+++ L++ N++ E++ W--- M- Y- R+