    SubjectLinux TCP Fixing everyones problems? WAS(Re: TCP push sometimes missing under 2.2.5?

    cw> So why put in the fix? Are we actually doing anything wrong? And as
    cw> you point out, the register pressure might not be a good thing
    cw> considering how many register the x86 has...

    I have never understood the logic behind some of the fixes that seem to go
    into the kernel TCP code. Some OS fucks up by either not conforming to
    the standards (Sunos was the last one i remember being discussed here) or
    by doing something unusual as in this case with the Push -- and a fix
    comes around for it in Linux, and it seems OK for it to go into the
    kernel. Should these fixes be put on some unofficial patch web page
    somewhere like Why in hell should i be
    running a few extra opcodes per TCP packet (in the fast path of all
    places) when i dont talk to Apples?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.019 / U:44.676 seconds]