    SubjectRe: Static Swap wrote:
    > Hi everyone ,
    > I wanted to know wether linux can instead of having a static
    > size swap have a dynamic size swap . That is if there is disk space
    > available that is there is no valid data , that could be used for swap .
    > Static swap also has a problem that when I increase my ram the swap also
    > has to be increased for faster performance but cant be done because the
    > partitions are all made . I want to know wether any attempts are being
    > made along this front . I am an enthusiastic programmer and would like to
    > contribute for the above . Please mail me as I am not a member of this
    > group .
    > Pramod .

    If you need more swap space you can always swap to a file instead of a
    partition. The priority can be set so that it uses the swap partition
    first, then the swap file(s) for better performance. IMHO, if you have
    unused space (non-partitioned) left on your hard disk, it is just being

    Brian Gerst

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.018 / U:6.264 seconds]