    SubjectRe: Static Swap
    :> wrote:
    :>> I wanted to know wether linux can instead of having a static
    :>> size swap have a dynamic size swap . That is if there is disk space
    :>> available that is there is no valid data , that could be used for swap .

    Has anybody thought implementing some kind on tmpfs so that the
    disk space consumed by swap partition(s) and swap files is also
    used as /tmp?

    I do normally use 128 MB swap and /tmp partitions on every system
    by default. Usually either /tmp or swap space is too small.
    Additional swap files help when running out of swap, but nothing
    helps if /tmp is full. It would be neat if I could get more
    (temporary) space to /tmp by creating additional swap files.

    My 0.01 euro,

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.019 / U:40.612 seconds]