    SubjectRe: caps in elf headers: use the sticky bit!
    "David L. Parsley (lkml account)" <> writes:

    > If the file owner can directly edit a file which has it's capabilities
    > stored in the elf headers, then they can set any flags they desire without
    > using any special capability utility. So the file must be immutable when
    > caps are enabled.

    But when caps are set in the fs, you don't need to worry about such things.
    Anyway, you are unable to store all file info in, say, tar archives
    or via nfs - think of file attrs or ACLs.
    I think until tools are enhanced to support such things, they shouldn't
    see/transport any increased file rights.
    Krzysztof Halasa
    Network Administrator of The Palace of Youth in Warsaw

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.019 / U:2.764 seconds]