    SubjectI have information/driver source for winmodem's (no Joke)
    Date
    I am re-writing this for many reasons. mostly because of some
    mis-information of the winmodem's that some people responded with. and I
    failed to inform the right people that I have the information. and what
    information I actually have.

    Here is the thing the winmodem style modem is not actually a windows modem
    but a modem that is missing critual hardware to be considered a modem there
    is only 2 parts of windows that supports the winmodem 1 its multitasking(or
    sort of) and 2 companies have little encouragement to write for other
    operating systems. the greator numbers of phone-line modem users use windows
    version something.

    there are no AT commands for any of the lucent modems! so having the
    commands programmed elseware doesnot help. the commands are proprietary.

    Any one can distribute the binary code for the modems(at least viking the
    only one that i speak for in legal terms although there are some that use
    the same thing packaged as something else) the source code is protected and
    requires a nda agreement of which i have signed. and any work must be
    submitted to the company which I also will do.

    The interface part of the drivers is the part I can not write. also there
    were comments as to which programming language i should and should not use
    well the one that the base drivers are written in is assembly for the intel
    processor (the only chip the modems will work with) however if i found that
    any one had responded i would have replied with a comment like "i have the
    internal hardware IO source in assembly and i can not share it in source
    code either electronically or printed but i can program that part" but i got
    a lot of replies so i am replying in as much detale as i can.

    I do have source/documantation for the full driver including all the windows
    insertion commands which have no barring on linux.

    thanks for your replies and this is a good topic according to the replies i
    got either on the list or thru private email so it does not have to die yet.

    richard.reynolds@usa.net

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.022 / U:59.184 seconds]