    SubjectRe: Please!! Help me to help us to use WinModems in Linux
    On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

    > > Why dont we accept this challenge and support the piece of crap?
    > By the time you reverse engineered a winmodem driver everyone will be using ADSL
    > and Cablemodem or USB analog in rural areas.

    Alan, may be you are right but ...

    I have just bought a Toshiba laptop and it have an internal modem. It's a
    winmodem so I have this piece of hardware soldered somewhere on my
    laptop's motherboard and I don't use it. It's there doing absolutely
    nothing. Of course I will buy a decent PCMCIA Lan+Modem card (I've heard
    the xircom one is very good) but if someone will make a winmodem working
    team I will be more that happy to join the team and help.

    ... I don't see any reason for discouraging people working on a winmodem

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.018 / U:17.484 seconds]