SubjectRe: Please!! Help me to help us to use WinModems in Linux
On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Why dont we accept this challenge and support the piece of crap?
> By the time you reverse engineered a winmodem driver everyone will be using ADSL
> and Cablemodem or USB analog in rural areas.

Alan, may be you are right but ...

I have just bought a Toshiba laptop and it have an internal modem. It's a
winmodem so I have this piece of hardware soldered somewhere on my
laptop's motherboard and I don't use it. It's there doing absolutely
nothing. Of course I will buy a decent PCMCIA Lan+Modem card (I've heard
the xircom one is very good) but if someone will make a winmodem working
team I will be more that happy to join the team and help.

... I don't see any reason for discouraging people working on a winmodem