    SubjectRe: Linux 2.2.x corrupting ext2 partitions (seagate medlist hdd)
    Date

    > Note that it _only_ happens on the _2nd_ boot after upgrading to Linux 2.2.x
    > and that machine was correctly shutdown at every stage.

    I have noticed strange things happening here as well. Note, I am also
    running debian's slink and I upgraded my kernel from 2.0.36 to 2.2.2.
    On the second reboot after I installed my 2.2.2 kernel my root
    filesystem was checked, even though the machine was shutdown properly.
    It was not checked because it was dirty either.

    I was scared, and I thought I was going to lose my filesystem, but
    everything seemed to work out all right. fsck did repair lots of
    stuff.

    Now everything seems to be working ok. Very strange.

    Cam

    --
    Cam Schaus
    cam@cds.realcase.com