SubjectRe: multiply files in one (was GNU/Linux stance by Richard Stall

On 30-Mar-99 Dan Hollis wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Steven Roberts wrote:
>> sidenote: Does anyone know if there is a workable user fs patch set
>> anywheres for 2.2.x?
>
> Someone (Linus? Alan?) said that the userfs API was fundamentally broken
> and would not be coming back, ever.

Alan was just repeating me. I haven't maintained userfs for a few years now.
The current userfs is broken by design, but there's nothing wrong with the idea
in principle - I've seen a number of interesting new approaches to the idea
lately.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans