SubjectRe: Cyrix cooling (Re: RH5.2 won't install on Cyrix)
Date

>Do AMD K6-XX CPUs have the same problem? I think the best way to avoid
>problems like this is to buy generic Intel chips. You get what you pay
>for, right?

I've used alot of both Cyrixes and AMD's both work very, very well. The
heating problems, when rarely encountered, are usually due to the computer
builder's not setting up the CPU right with a fan rated for that CPU, adding
CPU compound, and checking for necesary BIOS updates etc. In this case what
you get for what you paid for is more likely to be bad service than bad
hardware. If you want to go and fund the intel monopoly by paying intel
5-10, if not much more, times the manufacturing cost of the CPU; be my
guest. By the way their are plenty of both buggy and bad intel chips out
there as well.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.045 / U:0.168 seconds]