SubjectRe: eth-Devices and naming wishes
Hello,

> In my experience, for any particular pair of PCI NE2K cards, the BIOS
> will always allocate them the same way round, so if a particular card
> appears first on one occasion relative to a particular second card,
> then it will always appear first relative to that particular second
> card.

If you switch off PCI BIOS support or enter "pci=nosort" at the
command line (the latter works only with 2.2 kernels), the only thing
the scanning order depends on is the actual numbering of PCI slots
which should be fixed for every sane chipset.

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
"return(EIEIO); /* Here-a-bug, There-a-bug... */"