SubjectRe: Intel EtherExpress PRO/100 Server Adapter

I've been trying to get programming information out of Intel for
months now. I have a development kit that we use for our own i960Rx
boards and would work dandy with this board, I just need a few more bytes
of information to write a board support interface.

I have a case # and everything. If anybody can shake loose the information
I need, I can get the ball rolling.

deepak.saxena@intel.com said:
> It's possible that if the 960 firmware isn't initialized by the the
> Pro/100 server specific driver, it just acts as a dumb PCI
> bridge...just an educated guess.

And a correct guess, sorta.

Actualy, the i960Rx has a few mode pins that tell it what to do at
reset time. The options are:

start the processor and retry all the configuration cycles,
start the processor and pass all the configuration cycles,
hold the processor and pass configuration cycles.

The last 2 leave the bridge acting like a normal bridge. The first allows
the processor to first take over and mark some devices and private before
allowing the BIOS through the bridge.

--
Steve Williams "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
steve@icarus.com But I have promises to keep,

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.035 / U:0.036 seconds]