SubjectRe: OSFMach and (Mk)Linux-2.2
hozer@drgw.net (Troy Benjegerdes) writes:

> What sort of technical requirements would there be to get a port of
> Linux-2.2 to OSFMach included in the official source tree as another arch?
> (MkLinux-2.0.3x could be used as a starting point/guide)

Mach is not just another port - it requires extensive non arch/* changes to
replace things like timers, the scheduler etc. and replace them with Mach
calls. Such alternative code is hard to maintain and tends to break
with every single change. So maintaining such a "port" is a lot more
work than just another port to some new hardware. I also don't see the
point now that monolithic Linux exists, or will soon (PA-RISC), for
all architectures supported by OSF/Mach.

-Andi

--
This is like TV. I don't like TV.