    SubjectSpare files and NFS time related
    Hi,
    I was having problems with NFS. The last report I sent was the
    very big spare file in NFS. Now I am getting the same spare files on the
    mailboz directory when users retrieve mail using qpopper. The volume is
    *not* NFS mounted and the kernel is 2.2.3

    gallir@star:/home/people/gallir > ls -l /usr/spool/mail/*.bad
    -rw------- 1 jbauza root 3221220900 Mar 30 19:11 /usr/spool/mail/jbauza.bad
    -rw------- 1 marco root 3221220900 Mar 30 01:43 /usr/spool/mail/marco.bad

    Is it a kernel bug or a missused seek in qpopper? The size is the same for
    both which is quite strange.

    Furthermore, when I do a make on files which are symbolics links to a NFS
    mounted file, I get following errors. Both, client and server are 2.2.3
    and run xntpd with exactly the same localtime info.

    > atlante:/etc/mail # make
    > make: *** Warning: File `virtusertable' has modification time in the
    future
    > makemap hash virtusertable.db < virtusertable
    > make: *** Warning: Clock skew detected. Your build may be incomplete.

    Best regards,

    --
    Ricardo Galli