SubjectSpare files and NFS time related
I was having problems with NFS. The last report I sent was the
very big spare file in NFS. Now I am getting the same spare files on the
mailboz directory when users retrieve mail using qpopper. The volume is
*not* NFS mounted and the kernel is 2.2.3

gallir@star:/home/people/gallir > ls -l /usr/spool/mail/*.bad
-rw------- 1 jbauza root 3221220900 Mar 30 19:11 /usr/spool/mail/jbauza.bad
-rw------- 1 marco root 3221220900 Mar 30 01:43 /usr/spool/mail/marco.bad

Is it a kernel bug or a missused seek in qpopper? The size is the same for
both which is quite strange.

Furthermore, when I do a make on files which are symbolics links to a NFS
mounted file, I get following errors. Both, client and server are 2.2.3
and run xntpd with exactly the same localtime info.

> atlante:/etc/mail # make
> make: *** Warning: File `virtusertable' has modification time in the
> makemap hash virtusertable.db < virtusertable
> make: *** Warning: Clock skew detected. Your build may be incomplete.

Best regards,

Ricardo Galli

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.023 / U:1.408 seconds]