    SubjectRe: OSDI paper - IO-Lite: A Unified I/O Buffering and Caching System
    Date
    > Yes, but the content is typically immutable once it has left the back
    > end server; the way CGI works is that a process is spawned to handle

    Ok so why are you doing this via pipes ? Whatever happened to passing
    file handles. You set the tcp to block sending partial frames, you
    write the header pieces you can you fire the cgi up with the socket fd.
    Better yet since in the real world you dont use an exec every time cgi
    model (if you do then io-lite is the least of your worries) you pass the
    file handle with fd passing.

    We have a mechanism for passing the data channel itself. Checksum caching
    is a seperate issue to this.

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.019 / U:60.572 seconds]